Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Storytime at Sassafras - for those who love children's books, this is for you.

I'm very excited about my first-ever Storytime hour at Sassafras Restaurant next month, October 17th at 4pm.

I will read from the Barefoot Books collection, two of which are Driving My Tractor and The Beeman. Barefoot Books books are fun, colorful and interactive. I'll have puppets along with me and children will have a chance to do a craft as well. I am happy to have this opportunity to share these beautiful books to the community.

Sassafras will have their delicious ice cream to serve as a treat afterwards. For $2.49, kids will be able to make their own Mr. Sassafras (an ice cream clown). There is no charge for the storytime or craft. A nominal donation is suggested, but not required.

I will have many of the Barefoot Books on display for parents to view and purchase. The holidays are coming and now is the time to stock up on some of those gifts. Grandparents are especially interested because books are the gift that keeps on giving time and again.

So, if you're looking for something to do with your children on a late Sunday afternoon, stop by Sassafras Restaurant and hear some fun stories and have some yummy ice cream, too! Their newest pumpkin flavor is heavenly...what a fun way to "top" off your fall weekend.

Please RSVP by October 12 to either Jean Poniros or email me. Looking forward to seeing many there!

No comments:

Post a Comment